16 July, 2009

Aftermath

Whew! I've been m.i.a. and away from the blogging world for a few days since the market last Sunday. It was a whole lot of fun, and as expected, I did run into some good strange collections of people. There was some early morning precipitation which had me worries for a little while as it has certainly been very chilly and cloudy around this end of town recently. Thankfully, the sun came out and shone his bright face all over my fellow market-goers and myself, to the point where I actually felt comfortable enough to shed a layer and take off my jacket. Gasp!

Furthermore, something amazing happened that day. I set up stall next to my cousins and I was resting against my table eating a delicious delicious slab of homemade banana bread (courtesy of the lovely ladies a few stalls down). There was a girl browsing through the items on my cousins' stall and I actually cocked my head to get a better look. She looked like my friend Sandra; she moved like my friend Sandra; she dressed like my friend Sandra..

I called out in a small voice, "Sandra...?"
And it WAS her! My dear friend from way back in high school who I had not seen for nigh on one year now. How lovely.

So after that market, the days following were and are a flurry of plans and catch up times and fitting friends and events in between work hours and travelling time. Sandra and I look forward to supervising my partner's sister's company's stall at Kirribilli Markets for the next few weekends ahead; I'm slowly building up my knitted/crocheted stock again so I can try my luck at Penrith Markets in a few weeks hopefully; aaaand some of the things I didn't sell are going live online at Etsy.com. All you handmaking artisans out there should know what this is.

I've also been commissioned to knit a funky beanie and two sets of fingerless handwarmers for my good friend and her dear dear mother, who is always so happy happy joy joy everytime we meet. Now my breakfast is overdue, and there's nothing like a melted cheese sandwich with butter on the outside on a cold Winter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.