08 July, 2009

Fruit of My Labour II




Again I woke up a little after midday today on account of having slept at 4:30 a.m. after knitting and watching the Michael Jackson memorial (thanks for the past 40 years MJ). Geez, I'm trying to remember what I did this morning but it doesn't spring to mind--I know it has something to do with my craft but the past 9 or so days has just been a blur of self-inflicted slavery. Shortly before this I took out all the things I sewed, knitted, crocheted, and crafted over the said 9 days and laid them out over the living room floor just so I could get a feel for my progress and whether I need to stock up on more things to cover my table at the market.

Looking upon it now, I think I did quite well. And I only had to endure back pain, short sightedness, RSI, a grumbly stomach, and a growing mountain of unfolded laundry for it. Ha! So I think my handmade haul is sufficient;so far I've produced 8 artworks, 5 pouches, 3 beanies, 3 berets, 2 headbands, 14 brooches, 2 pairs of earrings, 14 rings, 6 sets of 2 coasters, 5 mug jackets, 4 sets of 4 cutlery cozies, 1 stuffed owl, 17 stuffed cupcakes, 5 pairs of bed socks, and 13 bookmarks. I think that's the lot..? But by no means am I stopping now! Today, tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that, I aim to have finished an additional 5 headbands, 2 beanies, 5 pairs of earrings, 20 rings, 6 button brooches, 1 set of coasters and 2 mug jackets to boot.

Whew! No rest for the wicked! But you can bet I've had a killer time :-) I even got around to pressing some flowers and I churned out two artworks using the ones I pressed last night. I picked these right from my garden; I think my favourite of the two would have to be the one where the petals look like they're floating away in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.