04 July, 2009

All Good Ideas Have to Come From Somewhere


Kudos to the best boss ever for being my first paying customer. She has her sights set on my Fragile Earth piece, while we both had a giggle over my coffee stain piece! And for those of you playing at home, YES I made that stain on purpose; I didn't just get lazy or overly abstract and stick a piece of soiled paper in a picture frame thanks very much!

I've finished work for the day and absolutely writhing in excitement about getting started on my nightshift sweatshop. Before I arrived I even managed to give the boyfriend a good old crash course in crocheting. I taught him the basic double crochet stitch and to anyone who purchases a set of black cutlery cozies from me, I'll let you know that he crocheted 3 of the rows in it. Hooray! For a non-delicately-dexterous male, he does a good crochet job.

Might also let you all in on a sneak peek at the first ever ever in my life ever attempt at knitting back in April (thanks Rachel for teaching me the very basics; as you can see, I've taken knitting and turned it into a big woolly monster). I like to compare my present knits and crochets to the little blue patch I knitted back then.. mostly I like to laugh at the little patch's uneven tension and dropped stitches and mistakes! Oh the mistakes. I remember that day quite well too--my hands were cold and jittery and cramping up and the yarn wasn't cooperating.

In terms of good ideas having to come from somewhere, the boss-lady and I were throwing around some ideas on what other things I can make for market destiny. So far, cupcake beanies for kids, headbands and ribboned stockings are the raddest ones we brainstormed. Now.. off to work for me! (the great kind!)

1 comment:

  1. Yes Cupcake beanies for Kids! I like!
    What about cute Beanies with Bear/Cat/floppy dog ears for boys!
    Love Rach

    ReplyDelete

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.