10 July, 2009

The Little Things That Count





I got down to business making the rings that I promised to make, and I got around to making an additional 20. Whew! The hardest part is getting them to stand up straight so that the glue dries evenly on them. These are a few that I've made, some still need some more drying time, hence the white haziness in some of the rings. 1000 apologies for poor quality pictures though. I also made some fun little button brooches by doubling up two different sized buttons and sewing them together onto a brooch pin. Sounds simple, but they're the cutest little medals of honour you ever did see.

On the idea of medals of honour, I wanted to expand on that by involving more fabric, buttons and large brooch pins (that kind of look like safety pins) as well as strips of ribbon and lace for depth and embellishment. Oh I do like my embellishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.