23 July, 2009

Rags to Riches




There was a new project I had a-brewin' behind the scenes while I was away from blog world, so don't think I was being lazy and not achieving anything! This is one of my more involved projects yet. What do you do with fabric scraps and old clothes that haven't already been donated to charity?

You cut them into long strips and crochet them into a one-of-a-kind clutch bag. This only took me about 2 evenings to do; about 4.5 hours work altogether. This clutch is made of reclaimed fabric scraps, curtains, bedsheets, a dress, a shirt, a mini skirt and a pair of shorts.

The flap and button that fasten the clutch shut were taken from a pair of brown checkered shorts I bought at an op shop in america (which i can't fit into anymore!) The shirt I'm wearing in one of the photographs is included in the clutch too! It was too long for my liking so I trimmed a hefty amount off the hem, ripped the offcut into strips and used them as my first 3 rows. Nifty.

Thankfully all my essentials fit into this clutch: wallet, phone & keys.
My lipgloss , concealer, compact mirror, pen and mini tape measure fit into the fabric pouch :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.