03 July, 2009

Cutlery Cozies


Ain't life beautiful? Just beautiful! I woke up this morning on a day off from work; I'm getting over my fever; it's a sunny (albeit windy) Winter day; the sun and breeze wafting in through my window while I sit by it happily crocheting away. What on earth is more bliss than this--crocheting to music by Joanna Newsom, capturing in each stitch the cheep-cheeps and whoooossshhhes and ca-caw-ca-caws and various other sounds of Mother Nature; a cup of chai tea on the desk and not having work tomorrow until 11:30 a.m. ? Tell me.. tell me! Nothin'!

I finished these nifty little things this morning before I began blogging. No they are most certainly not penis puppets, penis warmers, penis cozies, or cotton condoms as my boyfriend + housemates so mistakenly took them for. Oh how mistaken! Because I made these with the most wholesome pure concept in mind! They're cutlery cozies. Why should teapots get all the fun?

I hope there's a market/demand for them because it'd be nice to push the idea of bringing one's own silverware to picnics instead of buying all this plastic cutlery (did you know every piece of plastic made is still in existence? It takes 1000 years for plastic to break down). Or if you're not a picnic-fun-times kinda person, but you do fancy the idea of going to work with lunch that requires a little spoon/knife & fork action, a cutlery cozy might do the trick. Especially if having your silverware clunking around in your bag or lunch box isn't on your to-do list.

There'll be plenty more of these cozies coming up. I'm hoping to make at least 10 sets of 4 cozies for the markets next Sunday and see whether there's any response to them. I may have to tap into retail sales assistant mode and talk about them like they're better than sliced bread, but I honestly don't want to have to do that. I like to leave the loving up to the customer.

Blessed Be, my good little readers. Hope you're enjoying your day as much as I am mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.