02 July, 2009

Sweatshopping II



Just a continuation of the photographs of items I've made for a flea market destiny. I spoke of labour of love earlier--these pouches are the epitome of that statement. Each pouch took me an hour to complete! I don't know whether it was because I'm still inexperienced with sewing or I was just handling the piece really delicately. Here the vintage fabrics make an encore and are measured accordingly to be used as the main body of the pouch. I then crochet a flap to the correct size, sew that onto the fabric, sew a button onto the fabric, then sew up the edges with some more yarn. Sounds easy but it genuinely took me quite a long time to do.

I absolutely love the quirky country gardeny vibe they give off, and how it's a little mix & match--as in, the colour schemes wouldn't necessarily work in real life, but in THIS life, they do. To me, anyway. None are exactly alike, and any minor imperfections and quirks simply reflect it's handmadedness (sp?!) So what can you use these pouches for? Phones, MP3 players, loose change, cards, gemstones, pot pourri, spices, jewelry, as gifts, decorations, etc. etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be gentle, be wise.